Thursday, June 29, 2017

This Stuff !

        One thing I can't get over is how amazingly satisfied my appetite is on this WOE . Yes for the first couple weeks I could've killed for a grilled cheese , but now the thought of all the carbs included in my once all time favorite makes me cringe . I've become a keto investigator of sorts at the grocery. Going over the labels with a fine tooth comb ( Promises of " healthy " and " low carb " shouldn't be trusted y'all ; read the labels ) . I've even become highly judgmental when it comes to what I allow my children to eat. No I will not force this WOE on them ,but I can certainly limit their intake of manufactured garbage. What changes have you noticed in your shopping habits ? And now y'all ; let's get to the goo stuff (literally) ! I've made the following recipe a few times since starting keto and will continue to make it often due to its great popularity among my husband and kiddos ..



Bobbi's To Die For Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken
Keto Macros ( per breast / huge portion ) Protein 55g  Calories 530  Fat 31g  Carbs 2g

Ingredients Per Serving

1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 Fresh Cajun Sausage (For a milder version use Fresh Green Onion Sausage)
2 Medium Sized Button Mushrooms
2 Slices Bacon
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella
Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder or dried onions
Cajun Seasoning

Preheat oven to 375

Start by butterflying your chicken breast along the thinnest side ..


Once chicken is opened up season with Salt , Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Cajun Seasoning...


Slice mushrooms and place desired amount on one side of open chicken breast ...


Now squeeze the filling out of 1/2 link of fresh sausage and pat down on top of mushrooms.


You are now ready to close the chicken and wrap with your bacon strips ..


Place on a wire rack pan or some type of roasting pan that has a rack. Bake for 45 minutes. 


Remove chicken from rack and place in the bottom of the pan . Cover with shredded mozzarella. Bake for another 5-10 minutes of until cheese looks perfect :) 


ENJOY !!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Ever Ranch Dressing ... And It's Keto!!

Best Ranch Dressing Ever ! Keto Macros ( Per 2 Tablespoons ) Carbs 1g Protein 2g Fat 13.5g Calories 140 Ingredients 1/2 cup...