Friday, June 30, 2017

Quick Keto Quiche

      This one isn't too cajun but the kids requested quiche this morning so quiche it is . I'm so blessed in the fact that my kids are enjoying lots of my keto goodies. When I heard how beneficial the keto diet could be to brain health and function I immediately thought of slowly introducing it to my baby boy . Trey , is 8 and is a year in to his diagnosis with an intracranial arachnoid cyst . He has a cyst in his brain measuring 10.5cm . As of now he suffers from near blindness in his right eye and mild vision loss in his left . He has had seizures in the past and occasionally gets horrible migraines . Surgery offers more risks than benefits at this point so for now we just make sure his symptoms are kept at bay. As long as the cyst doesn't grow he shouldn't have any more symptoms or complications than he already does :) . He absolutely loves my keto kookin' and I'm excited that it may be beneficial to him through his life !!
And now for the quiche ....






 Quick Keto Quiche
Keto Macros per serving ( entire dish is 4 servings ) Calories 462g Fat 42g Protein 27g Carb 2

Ingredients

3 Tblsp butter
6 Jimmy Dean Precooked breakfast sausages
5 eggs
1 tbsp mayo
1 tsp yellow mustard
Salt
Pepper
Chopped dried onion
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
4 pieces Oscar Meyer smoked ham
1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar

Preheat oven to 350

I began with a 1.2 quart Pyrex casserole dish . I melted my 3 tbsp butter and poured into dish .


I then lined the dish with my Jimmy Dean sausage. I only used 4 pieces because my 15 year old Jayda doesn't like sausage ( she's an alien of sorts lol )

Next I used my Oster blender to blend the eggs , mayo , mustard , salt, pepper , and onions.

I poured 1/2 of that mixture over the sausages.

Sprinkling my 1/4 cup mozz on top of that.

I then lined it with my four pieces of ham.

Poured the rest of the egg mixture.

Covered in Cheddar cheese.

And baked for 35 minutes !
SUPER YUMMY Y'ALL !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Ever Ranch Dressing ... And It's Keto!!

Best Ranch Dressing Ever ! Keto Macros ( Per 2 Tablespoons ) Carbs 1g Protein 2g Fat 13.5g Calories 140 Ingredients 1/2 cup...